Sunday, August 16, 2009

Think about the profound


A layout for this challenge on The Profound Brunette (great title for a blog!)

One of the things I really wanted to think about this year was CONTENTMENT in all aspects of life. When it comes to craft I can struggle with contentment about time, space, equipment and of course, having the lastest and greatest products. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one! But as a Christian, I don't want this to distract me from being thankful and rejoicing and trusting in God. So I pray for the daily strength to CHOOSE contentment, but it is most definitely a work in progress- so I need a big note to self.

Layout details: Paper Sassafras Lass, Inque Boutique stamp, American Crafts thickers, Hambly rub on.


3 comments:

  1. Jen! Thank you for participating and I LOVE your layout and the message in it. I agree it's such an interesting balance as a believer and figuring out when we're wanting so much for our hobby and just being content with what the Lord provides us and to be thankful He has given us this gift to create! That deer reminds me of the oldy worship song 'As the Deer' and I think it goes perfect with what you're saying here!! Thank you so much again for taking part! I hope you check out the new blog I created that focuses on these challenges http://itsallaboutmechallenge.blogspot.com

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your note to self...most of us need this reminder! nice lo--love the repeated attention and the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout Jen...very cool! I love the deer and the little clock!

    Sheree xx

    ReplyDelete