* quality of the materials used for the kit are very good
* I still really like the overall design
* Reasonable price
* Starting with a raw product means that your advent calendar is unique.
* time- hard to know how long it took me in total to do this, but probably 10-12 hours with waiting time in between for paint to dry.
* NO INSTRUCTIONS (I'm sorry, am I repeating myself?)
* heavy item- if you are paying for shipping you might be charged extra.
Cosmo Cricket Early Bird collection, Reeves acrylic paints, thickers for some of the numbers & alpha, kraft cardstock, Papertrey Ink stamp (Silent Night set).
If you are interested in having bible verses as part of an advent activity, the verses I am using are below. We are only doing a 14 day countdown since 24 days is way too long for a 2 & 4 year old!
Thanks for taking the advent calendar journey with me :)
1) Micah 5:2
2) Isaiah 9:6 Virgin with child
3) Luke 1:26-28 Gabriel
4) Luke 1:29-31 Mary troubled
5) Luke 1:32-33 Eternal kingdom
6) Matthew 1:18 Mary pregnant
7) Matthew 1:20- 21 Name Jesus
8) Luke 2:7 Manger
9) Luke 2:8-9 Shepherds
10) Luke 2:10- 12 Angels speak
11) Luke 2:13-14 Angels praise
12) Luke 2:15-16 Shepherds find Jesus
13) Matthew 2:1-2 Wise men see star
14) Matthew 2:10-11 Wise men give gifts