Monday, August 30, 2010

Blooming baby card


This card underwent an interesting evolution- initially I stamped the leaves and masked them off before stamping the dot background, but it just looked not right and off balance. So I ended up stamping more leaves, cutting them out and adding them on. Should have just done that in the first place!

By the way, see that ruffle along the base? I lifted that from Diane's blog hop post here. It is brilliant- it looks like kraft (which I love) but is SO much easier than using thick cardstock. And that my friends, is the perfect example of sharing making the crafty world go round. Thanks Diane :)

Supplies
Stamps: Papertrey Ink mega mixed messages, polka dot basics, turning a new leaf.
Ink: Papertrey Ink spring moss, Hero Arts soft pool shadow ink, versafine black
Paper: Papertrey Ink spring moss, aqua mist; Echo Park sweet summertime
Tools: Papertrey Ink flower die

3 comments:

  1. The leaves look great Jen and I love the ruffle! Gorgeous!

    Sheree xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen this is such a pretty card. YAY for you, on the regular blogging too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute card, love this design!

    ReplyDelete