Saturday, June 19, 2010

October Afternoon Thrift Shop stamp set review

Just arrived on my doorstep are these stamps from October Afternoon from the Thrift Shop collection.


Here is my first project using the set:


A very simple card playing around with some resist techniques. First I stamped and heat embossed the doily image in white, then applied distress inks (tattered rose, shabby shutters) using the foam applicator. Then I sprayed lightly with a DIY pearlised mist (tea dye re-inker with gold mica powder). Some inked edges, final stamping with the music bars and a Cosmo Cricket chipboard bird and one whimsical vintage card produced.

While am I at it, I might as well go on blogging record about how pleased am I with these stamps. Why?
1) The quality. They are made in the USA, beautiful thick, firm photopolymer stamps. They cling well and do not squish like cheaper clear stamps.
2) The mix of images and sentiments in the one set.
3) The size of the images make them versatile for scrapping (think repeated stamping as a background pattern or a single image as a focal embellishment) AND cardmarking (images as the focal point of a card, sentiments are great size for cards.)

Well done October Afternoon, I'll be keeping an eye out for more great stamp sets to collect from your company!

No comments:

Post a Comment