Sunday, March 21, 2010
Airplane birthday party ideas
My husband came up with these great ideas for activities
- pin the propeller on the airplane
- Fighters and bombers (essentially a game of catch- the bombers have to run from one end to the other and if a fighter catches them they become a fighter too.)
- Make several paper airplanes and let the kids fly them around or have organised challenges for distance, best stunt, accuracy (aim at a hoop or target)
- set up a foam rocket toy (one with a foot air pump). Maybe see who can get it to go the highest.
-I put a few lollies in a snaplock bag and stapled a tag with a ribbon loop to it. Each child went home with a helium balloon tied to the loop of the bag.
- Styrofoam gliders can be bought online for about $1 each.
- packet of Aeroplane jelly
Apart from the cake I didn't do any other themed food. But easy to make food for the kids that I would recommend:
- chocolate crackles/rice crispies/honeyjoys
- mini cupcakes (there are some great packet kits out there that supply the cases, icing and decorations all in one box.)