Thursday, July 1, 2010

Air male card

Another male card today- it all seems to come in a rush! I wanted to use an airplane on the card for this particular person, so this sentiment seemed to fit nicely.



This one is really all about the simple design, textures and contrasting colours. The background is Basic Grey, the paper plane has been cut from some Cosmo Cricket paper & pops up a bit with foam adhesive, the Hero Arts sentiment is white embossed give some gloss & contrast and the 'line' backstitched by hand with embroidery floss.

When I hand stitch on cards, I draw the line in pencil, pierce it at regular intervals with a large sewing needle on top of a mouse pad turned over and then I erase the pencil line. After I do the sewing, the thread ends are secured with sticky tape and the cardfront adhered to the base cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment