Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vintage layered flower tutorial

So this is how I made the flower for the card in the last post:

Die cut three flower shapes of various sizes from grungepaper and text (I used Donna Salazar's Crafty Chronicle). The grungepaper is important, because it is very robust and sturdy but also pliable. I used Papertrey Ink dies to cut my shapes.



Use gel medium to glue the text flowers onto the corresponding grungepaper flowers & let dry. I use gel medium for this because it has great adhesion and not much moisture and dries quickly. Spray with the pearlised spray of your choice and set with fixative if required. Ink the edges with the distress inks of your choice.



Shape your flower layers (this is why the grungepaper is so important.) For the bottom layer I curled the petals up and then outwards. For the upper layers I shaped the petals more upwards and towards the center. Use adhesive foam to adhere the layers on top of each other and add a button to the flower center.



I attached mine to the card using more adhesive foam and put some Prima leaves around the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment